Workers’ Compensation

If employees sustain a occupational injury or illness, they should immediately call PMA at 888-502-2613.

When you call PMA, you will be connected with a registered nurse who will:

  • Obtain necessary information

  • Evaluate the nature of your injury or illness

  • Determine your immediate medical needs

  • Provide you with further instructions including where you may find the nearest DPS designated medical provider

If your occupational injury or illness is a life or limb-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency provider.

Notify your supervisor of your occupational injury or illness as required by your school and/or department. We strongly recommend notification to your supervisor within 24 hours of the injury.

The District complies with Colorado requirements for the provision of workers’ compensation related to  injuries or illnesses arising out of or in the course and scope of employment.  This can include lost wages and medical treatment.

Employees who sustain a work related injury or illness should comply with the reporting requirements posted on the District’s Risk Management Workers’ Compensation page.

For additional information, see Denver Public Schools HR Employment Practices Manual, updated July 2022, page 51